Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sweet Friend

Kim has been a great friend of mine since I started graduate school in Abilene. We both remember the moment that we decided to be friends. We knew of each other before beginning our Master's programs but not well.  One night at the beginning of our program we both were feeling the need for a friend.  We hit it off immediately.  We did a lot together during those two years, including Kim living with Mike and I for a few weeks when things really weren't going well for her.  

Kim and Jacob have dated for a LONG time.  Six years to be more precise. They have had their moments but I know they are ready to make this next step.  Kim and I have planned for a long time to take some photos when they came to visit and luckily it got to be their engagement session.  I am so excited to participate in their wedding in Virginia in just a few short months.  



Kim kept telling me how they weren't photogenic but I never believed her.  I looked forward to this session for several weeks and thoroughly enjoyed the few hours we spent on their session. 


We laughed ALOT and that always makes for good times.  


There were several different settings for this session .... and I loved them all.  It was so hard to choose any favorites.



Jacob even admitted that he enjoyed himself.  I considered it successful when I hear those words!  Of course I had my best assistant on hand to keep the laughs coming.  


This might be one of my favorites.  


Or maybe this one....It really is to hard to choose just one!



Kim is already getting lots of use from her pictures.  We created a wedding invitation that she will use as well as finding several others ways to incorporate these images into the big day.  

Kim and Jacob, Mike and I can't wait to celebrate with you both in just a few short weeks!  It's going to be a great weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One more time....you can make anybody look fantastic!! I'm just kidding :) Sara, we had SO much fun doing these with you! You made it perfect! And by the way, there are several bridesmaids who have already contacted me to see if you could take pictures of them and their husbands in Virginia!

Debbie said...

Awesome images, Sara! And, they are very photogenic! A good photographer brings out the best in their subject and you were very successful! :)

Sara said...

Yay! Those are fabulous. The last two are my favorites as well. It was so fun to see them at church that weekend.