Friday, August 22, 2008

Surprise

I have been wanting to photograph these two for several months. They both had birthdays in June and we haven't had a chance to take any pictures since Titus was about a month old. I kept telling my good friend that I wanted to get with them sometime. I felt it was the least I could do considering that Phillip has graciously helped me with several weddings this summer. Sara, being the sweet friend she is, would never ask because she knows we are so busy right now. Last week she mentioned that her sister was going to be in town and they were planning a fun dinner out. I offered to keep the kids so they could actually enjoy dinner. She cautiously agreed. I was already planning our evening together. As soon as they left, we loaded up and headed out.

Emily had a great time and I was worried that Titus might be too upset since Mom was gone to get any pictures.....but he definitely proved me wrong! He was awesome. You would never know that typically he is on the go ALL the time. He sat perfectly still for several minutes at a time and of course Emily loved getting to see her picture on the screen. When she did get tired, promises of Skittles kept the smiles coming.

We hadn't been home anytime before mom and dad came home. Emily didn't waste anytime asking Mom to come see her pictures....so the surprise was revealed a little early but watching Sara's reaction was incredible. Her happy tears that we had captured her precious kids personality was all I needed.


Here are a few peaks for you....


Isn't she adorable....This is one sweet 3 year old!


Little man made us really work for his smiles....but we got em.


She LOVES her "buddy." Can't you just see how protective she is?


She wanted to be done until I brought out my pretty skirt. Then she was game for several more and I'm glad she was....


Something happened this time that hasn't happened before. The little guy was doing well and all of the sudden with a few snaps he went from this.....


to this. He totally blinked a few times and was bobbing his head. For a brief moment he was asleep sitting up! :)


I love getting to surprise people and this was definitely one that I won't forget. We are so thankful to Phillip and Sara for all the ways they lighten our burden. Not only do they help us with wedding photography but even more they partner with us in ministering to our teens at church. We can't imagine our lives without them! Thanks for all you do!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Sara, I'm crying AGAIN! That makes four times....once at your house, once when putting Titus to bed last night gave me time to think about all you'd done, and again putting Emily to bed last night. It's hopeless. You are an amazing friend and photographer. What a blessed combination!

Sara said...

Anyways, where did you get those kids...those are so NOT the kids I dropped off at your house!

April said...

Thanks so much for doing this for Sara. I love her and her family so much...I know this meant ALOT to her.

Lesli said...

Adorable pictures!!!!! You are a wonderful friend!

Stephanie said...

DITTO! You are a wonderful photographer . . . and a wonderful friend . . . a blessed combination for many of us.

Sara said...

ooo..now stop it everyone! I love what I get to do and couldn't ask for better friends that are like family here!

Kate said...

The photos are amazing, Sara! Yes, you are dear friends to Sara & Philip. I must say I envy you, because I DO know what life is like without them ... there is something missing, but that is their choice. So enjoy, and keep counting those blessings. You have blessed countless others with your precious youth ministry, along with your awesome artistic gifts! Thank you!

Ashlea said...

I love those two little kids. They always brighten up my life when I get to see them. They are growing up so quickly. I havn't seen Titus since he was a lot smaller. I miss you all. Tell Mike hi for me as well as Sara and Philip.